Monday, July 14, 2014

#65: Marvel Legends Infinite Series Guardians of the Galaxy - Star-Lord


Guardians of the Galaxy is being released to theaters in a couple weeks, and I've been looking forward to it for a while. I'd thought about pre-ordering the figures, but decided to hold off. Then when they were released, half of them shot up in price, so I figured I had missed my chance. I kept an eye on things, and was able to order all the figures at retail or slightly below retail online. First up is Star-Lord, who's wearing a fairly casual outfit for his movie re-design. It's a good looking figure. I'm not sure if the weathering on his coat is meant to make it look dirty or not, but at least it's not flat looking. He's got double hinged knees and elbows, which use the softer plastic that makes the joints feel a bit fragile.  He's armed with a pair of sci-fi looking blasters.


Other accessories include an alternate unmasked head. It's a pretty decent likeness to Christ Pratt, better at some angles than others. There's also a set of headphones and a Walkman. The other accessory is the sphere he's shown stealing in the first trailer.


If you'd told me a year ago that I would have two Chris Pratt toys in a year's time, I wouldn't have believed you. Yet, here we are.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails