Wednesday, December 29, 2010

#144: Bioshock 2 Subject Omega and Little Sister with "Bunny" Splicer mask

Just in time for Christmas, NECA released this Toys R Us exclusive set based on some of the downloadable content for Bioshock 2. I haven't downloaded it yet, so I'm not entirely clear on who Subject Omega is. As far as I can tell, it's a repaint of the Subject Delta figure, which I don't have. I don't even know what that weapon is that he has. It might be the grenade launcher, my style of play favored using plasmids and the drill so I'm not sure. Either way, this is a very impressive looking figure. The art design on all the Big Daddy characters is very cool, I dig the ominous dudes in old timey diving suits theme. NECA did a good job of adapting it into action figure form. The sculpt is very detailed and the paint is really well done. It has articulation, but it's not really useful for any dynamic poses. The limbs are pretty thick and don't bend too much, but it's enough to at least move the arms around and fine tune the stance for keeping it upright.

There is yet another Little Sister figure in the set, but this time she has a different dress. I'm assuming that accurately reflects her appearance in the downloadable level because all the Little Sisters in the game otherwise look exactly the same. Her lower left arm managed to pop off as I was positioning it, but fortunately I was able to reattach it.

The big selling point of this set for me was the full sized wearable bunny mask. It's basically a life-sized version of the one included with the splicer figure. I was expecting it to be pretty light weight, but there is a nice heft to it. It may perhaps be a little too heavy for comfort. There is an elastic band to hold it on your head. Because the mask isn't symmetrical, the band is at an angle. Unfortunately, that means that the mask won't always stay straight, but it still looks cool. Perhaps an askew mask is appropriate when dressing as a splicer.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails