Tuesday, May 26, 2015

#28: Transformers Generations Combiner Wars - Decepticon Viper


There were two reasons I wanted to get Viper. One: it's a Transformer with a G.I. Joe altmode, the Cobra Rattler, which is one of my favorite G.I. Joe vehicles. Two: it's basically the only G.I. Joe toy available from Hasbro at mass retail this year. It's not exactly a Rattler, but it's got the right colors and if you squint, it's hard to tell them apart. There's also a cool Cobra/Decepticon mashed up logo.


This is one of the smaller Transformers toys, so going between robot and jet is pretty simple. Another cool touch is that Viper's head looks like the Rattler pilot helmet. Viper doesn't include any weapons, but has a third mode that serves as a weapon for other figures. There have been several G.I. Joe/Transformers mashup toys available as SDCC exclusives, but I believe this is the first one available at retail. I'm not sure if this is just a one-off type of thing, but it would be cool to see more G.I. Joe influenced Transformers toys, especially since the Joe line is currently cooling its heels.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails