Saturday, July 30, 2016

#36: WWE Hall of Fame - "Macho King" Randy Savage


I was never really into wrestling, but I've been kind of curious about Mattel's line of wrestling figures. Target had them on sale for half price, so I decided to pick up this Macho Man... wait, Macho King? I guess that was a phase of his career? I don't know. He has a crown and a scepter, so that goes well with the king thing. The Macho Man Randy Savage is probably one of the most iconic wrestlers from his time, and thanks to Slim Jim ads (and Spider-Man!), he managed to stay present in pop culture consciousness while managing to avoid any public screw-ups. So he was an easy choice of figure to go with. Also, I was partly inspired in wanting a Macho Man figure due to the blog "Macho Man Wins." Interestingly, these wrestling figures are in a slightly larger scale than Mattel's superhero figure lines. The articulation is better than Mattel's current superhero figures as well. If I were into wrestling, I'd probably end up buying a lot more of these. Macho Man's crown and sunglasses are removable, and the scepter is the only other accessory.

1 comment:

  1. Great action figure! We have a HUGE collection of Mattel's WWE. Love them!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails