Monday, February 8, 2010

#7: Star Wars Clone Wars Commander Bly

Wow, it's been about three weeks since the last time I got any new toys. It seems like it's been forever. I went to Target today, and they had this new wave of Clone Wars figures out, so here we are. It's Commander Bly, Aayla Secura's second in command. He was in the movie, you can see him gunning her down on Feleucia. Obviously, he's also shown up in the cartoon, which is why he gets this figure.

When the clone troopers first showed up, it was kind of weird thinking of the guys in white armor as the good guys, since I grew up with the Stormtroopers as bad guys. Now kids are growing up with the Clone Wars cartoon as their primary source of Star Wars entertainment, so I wonder if they think it's weird seeing the guys in white armor as bad guys when they watch the original trilogy. I wonder what it's like to grow up with the entire saga complete.

3 comments:

  1. Cool fig! It never ceases to amaze me how we tend to buy the 'same mould' of these clone figures albeit tweaks here n there (eg colour scheme)....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll second that Rebel, I myself am hooked on Stormtroopers and Sandtroopers, A Clone every once in a while, at least with the clones it's more than a different color shoulder paldron.

    Speaking of Aayla Secura, has she shown up in the Clone Wars yet? I thought I saw something about a figure coming out for her.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @The Rebel: Bob knows, I'll always buy a new clone fig.

    @chunky: Aayla has been in a couple of episodes in a semi-starring role during the first season. Her figure is appropriately in the same wave as Bly here. I saw her, and thought about getting her, but I'm not so big on getting animated versions of figures I already have (that aren't troopers). She looks like a good figure, though!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails