Wednesday, April 25, 2012

#27: G.I. Joe Renegades - Law and Order


A few weeks ago, I went to an outdoor toy sale where there were a bunch of vendors with tables set up. They were selling all sorts of things, from the new mint in package, to the old and beat up from sitting in a  garage for the past few years. One of the vendors had a Law and Order on sale for less than the going price at my local Target. For some unfathomable reason, I didn't buy it then. I almost immediately began suffering from non-buyer's remorse. Since my Target hasn't put out any new Joe figures in a very long time, my best shot was Ebay.

I think I've mentioned before that I always like the Joe figures that come with animal companions. They're great accessories, so it adds value. And animal companions are just a cool concept for figures. Law and Order are also a nice counterpoint to the Cobra shock trooper. Law showed up in Renegades as a prison guard, but they made the figure an MP. Law comes with a good amount of accessories. Too many for him to hold, but it's not as excessive as some other figures. He's got a couple pistols that fit in holsters (one has a silencer), a shotgun, a machine pistol, handcuffs, and a billy club. The face shield is a separate piece from the helmet, which is removable.

Order is wearing a doggy bullet proof vest, and his head is on a swivel. Although the coloring seems a bit weird for a German shepherd, Order is probably the cutest of the various animal companions in my collection.

A visit to the dog park. Who let that wolf in?!

2 comments:

  1. Don't you hate having to resort to Ebay for something you've passed up a million times and never thought twice to pick up when it was half the price!SHEESH:( All's well that ends well i guess.This is one figure that i'll have to snag up on Ebay as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. nothing worse than non-buyer's remorse! great figure - can't beat a K9 action figure accessory!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails