Monday, May 13, 2013

#24: LEGO Minifigures series 10 - Medusa


After a surprisingly brief gap between series (series 9 minifigures are still on the pegs!), I found series 10 of the LEGO blindpacked minifigures at the local Target a few days ago. Although I was feeling a bit of minifigure fatigue with the last series, I seem to have overcome it, as I didn't mind the 20 minutes or so it took me to stand around finding the specific minifigures I wanted in this series.

I tend to collect the monsters from this line, so Medusa was one of the minifigures I looked forward to from this wave. She's pretty easy to find because the lower half of her body is a very large piece of plastic. The lower body piece is shaped like a snake's tail. I'm not sure if Medusa is traditionally depicted with her lower half as a snake's body, but I 'm pretty sure that's how she appeared in Castlevania IV, so that's cool. Given the size of her snake tail, she doesn't get any accessories, although her hair piece is new, and she does get two faces on her head. Aside from the pictured angry face, she has a calmer face with yellow eyes.


And now, on to the bump codes. But first, a caveat. Bump codes aren't all the same. There are different batches, so the bump code for a figure in one batch will be different for the same figure in a different batch. I think this has been going on for the past few series. There is a code embedded into the packaging along with the bumps, so I will be including that with the bumps for all forthcoming LEGO minifigure posts. So here is the bump code. The batch code is 501B3.

3 comments:

  1. Awwww... you know I haven't been collecting LEGO mini-figs at all, but I am a total Medusa NUT. I need this fig.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good luck! I think it's packed at a lower frequency in the boxes, so I hope it's not too much trouble finding one for you.

      Delete
  2. Awesome! This is one of our favourite new Lego mini fig!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails