Sunday, September 29, 2013

#68: Transformers Masterpiece - Acid Storm


Alone with Masterpiece Soundwave, Hasbro released Acid Storm. It's kind of an odd choice. Sure, they've done the three main Seekers already, but this is the newer Masterpiece Seeker mold, so I'm surprised they didn't just go ahead and re-release Starscream already. That's got to be in the works. In any case, I like Seekers, and I like the color green. Starscream is too expensive on the secondary market, while although Acid Storm is sold out, he wasn't a big mover, so I was able to get a good deal for one online. Sure the box was a little beat up, but I got it for slightly cheaper than retail, so that is a win.

Acid Storm has the worst set of instructions I have ever seen with a Transformers toy. It only demonstrates how to go from robot to jet, and many of the steps are glossed over, or entirely obscure. It took me a few minutes to figure out what to do with the nose cone in robot mode, as well as a portion of the canopy which folds under, steps which are essentially missing in the instructions.

When I finally got to it from jet mode, the robot mode is pretty cool. I do think the head looks like it sits too high on the body, or maybe the shoulders just look too low. The chest panels flip up to reveal missiles, which is fun. The display base functions as a flight stand, which is always a feature I dig.


Jet mode is pretty cool, and I have no problems with it. I love the ridiculously bright green that most of the jet is, and the digital camo on the wings is pretty cool. Again, the display base can be used as a flight stand for the jet. There are also a couple of detachable missiles that can be attached to the wings or the display stand. There is a tiny pilot made of unpainted green plastic. There is also a little plastic half circle that I think is meant to hold Megatron's gun form (as is included with Masterpiece Soundwave).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails