Wednesday, January 19, 2011

#5: LEGO Minifigures - Pilot

So I was visiting with my parents this past weekend, and we stopped at Target. Naturally, I went over to the toy section to look things over. I didn't find anything I wanted, but I did notice that the Valentine's Day section was up. I knew that the 3rd series of LEGO minifigures was supposedly showing up this month, and the previous series was in the Halloween section at Target, so I decided to check it out. I was right, there was a box of the series 3 minifigures in the Valentine's Day section. I really don't see why they have these in the holiday section rather than the LEGO section, but whatever. The first two series of minifigures could be identified by a barcode on the back of the package, but for the third series that has unfortunately been done away with. Now there are small bumps along the bottom of the package that can be used to identify the figure inside. I pulled up the chart on my phone and tried to make sense of what I was looking at. Since I wasn't on my own, I didn't want to spend too much time sorting through the minifigures and I only got one. Even though I was looking at the bumps from the wrong side of the packaging, I managed to correctly figure out that this pilot was inside. I don't know if this is intended to be a WWI style fighter pilot, but that's how I think of him. Hm, there is a bi-plane in that mummy set...

3 comments:

  1. Aw, he's cute! One of the first non-psycho ones I've seen!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Things I can't unsee: His mustache looks like a monstrous toothy grin.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha! I didn't notice that until you mentioned it.

      Delete

Related Posts with Thumbnails