Friday, May 27, 2011

WANT: Figma R. Dorothy Wayneright

A few days ago, there was a big to-do about two different upcoming versions of Robocop. One is from NECA and one is from Figma, which as far as I can tell makes toys along the same lines as Revoltech: highly articulated toys from various licenses. But I'm not posting today to talk about Robocop, although if I were to get one, it would be the NECA version because it's cheaper. That's right, Figma figures aren't cheap. They run around 40 dollars or so, depending where you get them from. As I was browsing the Robocop gallery, I noticed links to other figures in the wave, and one of them is Dorothy.

I'm not a big anime fan, so most of the anime I've seen was what Cartoon Network showed on its Toonami and Adult Swim programming blocks. Big O is set in a noir-ish future in which some unknown cataclysm has left people without memories and the technology of the past keeps resurfacing to cause problems. There's also a healthy dose of influence from Batman: The Animated Series. R. Dorothy Wayneright is one of the main characters in the show, sort of a sidekick to the protagonist Roger Smith. The robot version of an inventor's daughter, she's disaffected and snarky. She's basically my favorite character from the series. So yeah, I'm really trying to decide if I want this figure enough to cough up its asking price. There's not exactly much in the way of Big O toys out there (there's a cool toy of Big O itself, but it's ridiculously expensive), so this is a good opportunity to get a figure from one of my favorite anime series.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails