Thursday, July 26, 2012

#61: Bioshock 2 - Brute Splicer


Bioshock 2 came out 2 years ago, and the next Bioshock game is coming out next year. So here's a brand new figure from Bioshock 2! I think the Brute Splicer was revealed at last year's SDCC, but I guess they had problems getting out because it took nearly a year, and it's a Toys R Us exclusive. One of the first things I noticed about this figure is how massive it is. It's huge, and solid. It's really heavy. I'm surprised it doesn't cost like 5 bucks more than it is being sold for. This is the high standard of work I expect from NECA, with a highly detailed sculpt and a great paint job. If it wasn't such a hideous character, you might say it was a thing of beauty. Articulation is somewhat limited, which I think is due both to the bulk of the figure (too much leg articulation, and it might not stand on its own), and preserving the aesthetics of the sculpt. Generally I prefer more articulation, but I don't mind as much for figures like this. The only accessory is the hat, which is removable.

"What's that noise behind me?"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails