Thursday, February 26, 2015

#15: Funko Pop! Movies - Smaug (The Hobbit: The Battle of Five Armies)


The chiefest and greatest of calamities has never looked so cute. On the whole, the toy offerings for the Hobbit movies have been fairly weak. Of course, I wanted a Smaug of some sort, but the "standard" figure was an 80 buck web exclusive. So the Funko Pop! version seems like a good compromise, being way cheaper. I'm really surprised at just how cute Smaug ended up after the Pop! treatment. There's something about that expression that reminds me of a dog begging for a treat. I originally thought that the black mark on the chest was a paint issue, but apparently it's on every figure. I guess it's meant to represent the weak point in his armor, but I thought that was on the left side of his chest. There are a couple variants, one is gold, and one has reptilian eyes, rather than the standard Pop! style black.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails