Tuesday, September 6, 2016

#42: Transformers Masterpiece - MP-29 Destron Laserwave


A while ago I was considering picking up the third party version of Shockwave because he is one of my favorite Decepticons, and no Masterpiece version of him had been announced. Then one was announced. I'm assuming that there will be a domestic Hasbro release at some point, but I decided to be impatient and just go for the Japanese release (I wonder how many Transformers geek points one earns from buying Japanese versions of the toys). Just like the original toy, Shockwave's alt-mode is a sci-fi ray gun. It's a pretty good size, just slightly small for my hands. If one wants to display him in this mode, there is a stand.


Shockwave's robot mode is very nice looking. They even did a good job of correcting the too skinny legs problem with the original toy. For accessories, he includes a few alternate hands, some of which are translucent due to the light up feature. As far as I can tell, his chest and the end of his left arm can light up. Batteries aren't included.  Also, there is a smaller version of himself in alt-mode. So that means you can have your Masterpiece Transformers dual wield Shockwave and Megatron. There are also Decepticon logo stickers which I haven't applied yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails