Saturday, September 16, 2017

#62: Transformers Titans Return - Perceptor and Convex


I am in general a Transformers fan, and I have a keen appreciation for absurdity. So I'm always pleased by Transformers with somewhat ridiculous alt-modes. A microscope alt-mode fits under that category, so I wanted to get Perceptor. I never had one as a kid, and the previous version turned into a vehicle, so I skipped it. I thought this was going to be the last series of toys before the movie stuff hit, and that they would be impossible to find. But I lucked out and found Perceptor on the shelf. In robot mode he looks reminiscent of the original version, with the distinctive red and blue color scheme.


The alt microscope mode isn't exactly going to fool anyone that it's an actual microscope, but it gets the idea across. There's a neat feature where the dial on the scope can be used to adjust the focal length of the lenses in the scope. There are two actual lenses in the scope, but they don't function to magnify anything. Still, a neat feature. Perceptor's head, Convex, can sit in the rifle.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails