Thursday, August 20, 2009

#89: G.I. Joe Duke

Duke was one of the Joe figures I had as a kid, and I felt it was time to add him to my current collection. There are a few different movie versions I could have chosen from, but I definitely prefer the classic cartoon version. Since he comes with a rocket pack and an American flag, I'm assuming this Duke is meant to be from the pinnacle of G.I. Joe entertainment, the intro to the animated movie. If you haven't seen that before, do yourself a favor and go watch it right now. If only the rest of the movie had lived up to that intro! For some reason, his stand is more of a silver rather than regular black plastic, because he's special I suppose. The stand also has a hole for the flag pole to rest in. I don't have any other figures that come with an American flag, so I guess that makes Duke the most patriotic figure in my collection.

Uh oh! It looks like some of my other figures have a bone to pick with Duke about which one is the most patriotic in my collection. It looks like they have him cornered, what can he do?

Fortunately, they neglected to take into account Duke's rocket pack. He blasts off to gather reinforcements, leaving his attackers in the dust. But hey, can't Iron Man fly too...? Watch out, Duke!

I've been getting so many Joes lately, I think it's time to take a cue from a couple of my fellow bloggers and do a count of how many Joes I have versus how many Cobras I have.
Joes: 13 (11 if I don't count duplicates)
Cobra: 16 (10 not counting duplicates)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails