Thursday, August 27, 2009

#91: G.I. Joe The Rise of Cobra Baroness (Attack on the G.I. Joe Pit)

So far there are two Baroness figures from the movie line. The other version is from the Paris chase scene, and she's got a sort of overcoat on. Originally, I was thinking of getting that version, but when I realized this version comes with two handguns that plug hang off of her legs rather than sit in holsters, I decided to go with this one. Blame it on lingering memories of playing GoldenEye, but I think wielding two pistols at once is pretty cool, and it's something the Baroness did in the movie. Another thing I like better about this version is that she comes with the MARS case that contains the nanomite warheads. Unfortunately, she only comes with one warhead. As far as I can tell, Duke and General Hawk come with the others. She also comes with the little platform thing she used to get back to the gunship in the movie, as well as an oversized version of the rocket launcher that Storm Shadow used to launch a warhead at the Eiffel Tower (I think one of the versions of him comes with the regularly sized launcher). Although it is an overall good figure, there is one glaring problem: the face. Sienna Miller is an attractive woman and the sculpt, combined with the paint, unfortunately does not capture that very well. Otherwise, it's very cool, if not the best Baroness out there (that's the one in the second Cobra 5 pack).

2 comments:

  1. Man! I am enjoying all your reviews of G.I.Joe stuff lately!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I'm glad you're enjoying it. I didn't do it on purpose, but this month seems to be G.I. Joe only.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails