Saturday, October 8, 2011

#110: LEGO Minifigures - Royal Guard


As an American, the concept of those British royal guards that supposedly aren't allowed to react to anything has always proven fascinating as an example of something bizarre and quintessentially British. So naturally I wanted to pick up the LEGO version. With that giant helmet, it's pretty easy to find this one in the blind packaging. I dig the dour expression on his face. It's too bad that the chinstrap mostly prevents  his head from being swapped onto another body. I thought that he should be wearing gloves, but my quick image search of actual Queen's Guards seems to indicate they don't wear them. If you're so inclined, this would be a good army builder.

2 comments:

  1. And with a ranger hat from Brickforge you can use it to make a mountie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think a couple of these would look great with my Alamut Gate playset.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails