Thursday, October 27, 2011

#123: Marvel Universe - Magneto


Lately my Target has been surprisingly frequent at putting out new Marvel Universe figures. Not too long after I picked up the last three Marvel Universe figures, I saw even more new ones and picked up this Magneto. I would have already had a Magneto, but he was previously released in the comic two pack, and I didn't want to pick up the black costumed Spider-Man he came with since I already have that one. They have been re-releasing some of the comic pack figures like Doctor Doom, so I figured I could wait. Granted, this is the Ultimate Alliance version of Magneto rather than the regular one I'm more familiar with, but I dig this costume too. I think my only complaint is the face. It's painted so as to appear covered in shadow, but I don't think it's 100% effective. You can see what they're going for, but it just ends up looking kind of weird. Otherwise, it's cool looking and the articulation is good.

3 comments:

  1. Am really liking this rendering of old Mags.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They tried the same shadow effects on the Falcon figure and in some spots it looks o.k. but in others the bluish grey stands out too much.Ya gotta love Magneto though!It would have been cool if his helmet was removable.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails