Saturday, December 20, 2014

#105: World of Nintendo - Link


For the longest time, there weren't Legend of Zelda toys. There were a couple Ocarina of Time figures, and statues. Then there's a Figma Link, a Real Action Hero Link, a Nendoroid Link, and now a World of Nintendo Link. We are apparently living in the golden age of Link action figures. Like the Figma, this Link figure is based on his appearance in Skyward Sword. Of course, this is a smaller, cheaper figure. He's got a pretty good amount of articulation. For accessories, there's the Master Sword, and a scabbard which attaches to Link's back. There's also a Hylian shield, which is packaged as a mystery accessory. I guess that's just this line's gimmick. I'm curious to see where this line goes from here.

2 comments:

  1. I am on board with all of the Mario figures. Having recently picked up a Wario I'm now only missing Donkey Kong, and that's not for being unable to find one, more just because I never feel like paying for him when I do.

    Anyway, this Link figure looks SOOOOOOO out of place next to all of those big chunky Mario figures. I don't understand Jakks' logic in trying to sell it like it belongs to the same line. I will buy a link if they release any other Zelda related character, but I have my doubts that will happen.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It would be a bummer if they don't do any more Zelda figures. I'd be down for a Zelda and Ganondorf. Maybe even a piggy Ganon?!

      Delete

Related Posts with Thumbnails