Sunday, December 21, 2014

#106: Hot Wheels James Bond 007 Goldfinger - Aston Martin 1963 DB5 (HW Workshop 200/250)


I'm usually down for Hot Wheels cars when they are based on vehicles from pop culture sources. I have recently seen the car based on the Lotus from the Roger Moore era "For Your Eyes Only," but the Aston Martin from "Goldfinger" was a must buy. "Goldfinger" is perhaps the best Bond movie starring Sean Connery, and the Aston Martin is the coolest car Bond has ever driven. Unfortunately, this is the first instance I've ever run into of a QC issue with a Hot Wheels car. The right front wheel is bent on the axle, so it won't rotate and sticks out at an angle. It's not like this was an easy to find car, so exchanging it isn't a likely option. I'll just have to live without being able to roll it around. Other than that, it's very nice looking, with a silvery metallic finish.

2 comments:

  1. That wonky wheel sucks! I've not seen this one in silver yet but I'll buy it if /when I do.

    I've seen the Lotus but meh - it's a Lotus. I did have a Hot Wheels Lotus when I was a kid though and I used to take it in the bath and pretend it had a submarine mode like in the movie.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails