Monday, July 12, 2010

#60: G.I. Joe The Rise of Cobra Mole Pod

So I've been meaning to pick up one of these for a while now. I don't remember exactly when the movie toys started showing up, but it's definitely been a year now. For whatever reason, I didn't get around to actually buying the Mole Pod when it was first released, and then I saw that they were coming out with a repainted version called a Lava Pod. I decided that looked cooler and decided to hold off and get that version. Naturally, that release eventually got cancelled. I saw this on clearance a couple weeks ago at Target, for about 10 bucks, but it wasn't quite low enough to entice me to finally buy a Mole Pod. Today, it was down to less than 8 bucks which is apparently the right spot to inspire my purchasing impulse.

Like all good G.I. Joe vehicles, the Mole Pod has a sticker sheet, allowing you to spruce up your toy with further decoration. Oddly, I noticed that some of the stickers had been removed from the sheet and applied to the Mole Pod already. I was worried that someone had bought it and returned it, but it seemed to be in good shape. I checked the Mole Pod's entry on yojoe.com, and their image gallery showed the sticker sheet with missing stickers too, so I suppose it's like that for every Mole Pod. Which seems really weird. I can't think of any other Joe vehicle that has some stickers from the sheet pre-applied.

The Mole Pod comes with a Terra-Viper to drive it. He's basically a repainted Croc Master, but he looks decent enough. He fits into the cockpit easily, no worries there. Instead of a point like you might expect, the end of the drill has a launching missile. I guess that is more kid safe, and an excuse for a launching missile to be included. What's really cool about the drill is that it rotates as you roll the Mole Pod along the floor or whatever. I think that may be my favorite feature of the toy.

1 comment:

  1. I love my Mole Pod. Hmm I need to go to Target to see what they have left. I noticed their clearance last week wasn't quite low enough too. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails