Tuesday, September 25, 2012

#84: Pop! Television Invader Zim - Gir


I was recently watching through Invader Zim on Netflix Instant, and decided to check out Hot Topic's website for Gir-related merchandise (because where else, really?). Not that I follow the Funko Pop! vinyl line closely (I have a few of them, and they're cool), but I was surprised that there was a Hot Topic exclusive Gir in the line. Fortunately, this is one of the figures proper, and not one of the bobbleheads, so there aren't any issues with the head sitting at a weird angle. His head can turn back and forth, but that's it, which is normal for these figures. Gir's appearance is already a super deformed style, so his translation to the Pop! vinyl style leaves him looking pretty similar. I don't know how common this Gir is in stores, but I discovered him just in time, as he's completely sold out on Hot Topic's webshop. There isn't even a listing for it any more. He's probably still cheaper in the secondary market than the original Invader Zim figures, at least.

"A robot dog, hm? Well, you're no K9, but come along!"
"Tacos tacos tacos!"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails