Saturday, September 29, 2012

#86: The Avengers - Assault Squad Nick Fury


Sam Jackson has been appearing as Nick Fury in the Marvel cinematic universe since Iron Man, and they've released a couple figures based on him, but I finally got one. The Iron Man 2 version was in a boxed set that I never found for a price I liked, and they did a six inch version that I never saw anywhere. I still haven't seen this figure in stores anywhere, but fortunately James found one at a show for me. He turned out pretty well, so I suppose it was worth the wait. This is one of the better SLJ likenesses to appear on a 3 3/4" Hasbro figure. He has a couple of guns, and the handgun can be holstered. He also comes with a rocket launcher, which is something he actually used in the movie, although this version is a more toyish version, with a launching projectile. Which is purple, of course. He doesn't have articulated wrists, but he does have ankles and all the other important joints, including those annoying hips. Assault Squad? I'm not sure what's up with that. I know that they sometimes add to names to make them more easy to trademark, but usually it's "Marvel's..." or whatever. I guess it makes him sound more action packed. That's what the kids like, right?

"You are under arrest, Chancellor Palpatine."

1 comment:

Related Posts with Thumbnails