Friday, May 15, 2009

#53: Doctor Who Cyber Controller (The Tomb of the Cybermen)

This is the first build a figure I have completed this year. Only my third overall, I'm usually not too into buying figures I don't want just to complete another one. All the pieces for this one came with the other Cybermen I've been posting about all this week. This makes a nice companion piece for the other "The Tomb of the Cybermen" figure that was part of this wave. I guess Cyber Leaders don't need the big chest unit. He also gets a double set of tubing on his legs and a nify semi-translucent dome atop his head.

I really like the design on the face for this incarnation of the Cybermen. Although it lacks the "teardrop" element on the eyes, it has this blank simplistic look to it. I think it really conveys the lack of emotion that the Cybermen have cultivated. If I remember correctly, there's a little flap in the mouth that moves when they talk, but aside from that it is immobile, a blank mask that betrays no emotion.

That does it for my new Cybermen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails