Thursday, June 11, 2009

#58: Hot Wheels '66 Batmobile

I know that some people shop at grocery stores with surprisingly good selections of toys, including action figures and the sorts of things that I collect. My local grocery stores tend not to carry things I'd want to buy, although I did buy an Optimus Prime and Megatron two pack last December at my usual grocery store. Today, I made my second toy purchase from a grocery store.

There was a display box of Hot Wheel cars on a shelf, and this was in front and immediately caught my attention with the Batman logo on the card. I have heard that Hot Wheels collectors are among the most dedicated, and I would assume that a Batmobile would be a hot item for them, so I guess they haven't started checking out this grocery store for their Hot Wheels fix. Counting myself lucky, I took it.

When I was young, I had a lot of Hot Wheels, Matchbox cars, and the like. Most of the toys I collect these days reflect the toys I was into back then, but I haven't really been on any nostalgia trip for Hot Wheels. Because of this, the Batmobile will only have my Spam racing car for company.

Anyway, this is a cool little car. It's the Batmobile that Adam West drove, which will always have a fond spot in my memory. According to the Hot Wheels wiki, there have been previous versions of this, with more paint apps on the car. It does kind of look plain on the front end without them, but I'm not too broken up about it. My only real complaint is that the red stripe along the right side of the car is a little misaligned. I'll just have the other side face forward. I'm not hip to the world of Hot Wheels collecting, so I don't know if this is a rare car or not. Either way, I'm glad I found it, even if I didn't even know it existed until I saw it.

1 comment:

  1. Great find, I love these little Batmobiles, though I'm not a Hot Wheels collector. It looks like the latest release. I found mine in a Grocery Store as well.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails