Tuesday, June 16, 2009

#59: Transformers Revenge of the Fallen Ransack

I finally got around to picking up Ransack, and I'm glad I did because I really like it. I've never had a Scout Class Transformer, so it is interesting to have one that is about the same size as my Star Wars figures. Obviously not the same scale, but about the same height. For me the big selling point here was that he turns into a bi-plane. For whatever reason, I've always thought bi-planes are cool, so as soon as I heard about Ransack, I decided to get one.

The bi-plane mode is pretty good looking, and the propeller spins. The Decepticon symbol on the wings is combined with an iron cross, which is a pretty snazzy piece of design. It seems appropriate that a WWI era Decepticon would take the form of a German piece of war machinery. It would be interesting to see more WWI style Transformers.

In robot mode, Ransack is a strange, gangly looking thing. I suppose he looks more old-fashioned or low-tech than other Transformer robots. He looks kind of skeletal, and his legs aren't symmetrical. I like the way his wings hang off his back, it's sort of like he has a cape.

This probably won't be the last Revenge of the Fallen toy I get, but if it is, I won't be too disappointed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails