Wednesday, August 16, 2017

#51: Marvel Legends - Spider-Man and Mary Jane Watson


So the last time Hasbro made a Mary Jane figure, it was in the smaller scaled Marvel Universe line, and pretty scarce. This time, she's a Toys R Us exclusive packaged with another Spider-Man figure. The previous six inch version was from the Spider-Man 3 movie line, and she wasn't exactly a peg-warmer. What I'm getting at is I think Mary Jane would sell well enough by herself. Ah well. So this version of Spider-Man is from some storyline I'm unfamiliar with. Why does he have glowing eyes and a glowing spider on his chest? No clue. It also has weirdly angular boot tops, further setting it apart from the classic Spidey suit. The main appeal of this figure for me is that there is an alternate unmasked Peter Parker head. Mary Jane turned out pretty well. She's basically wearing her classic "Face it tiger, you just hit the jackpot" outfit, although with a more modern hairstyle. Her lower torso and legs are new, because the jeans have sculpted wrinkles that most skintight superhero costumes don't have. She also get a purse for an accessory. I don't know if it's just me, but I see some Emma Stone in the face. Sure, she was Gwen Stacy in the Amazing Spider-Man movies, but she would have been a good MJ.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails