Wednesday, February 18, 2009

#14: G.I. Joe Cobra H.I.S.S. with Cobra H.I.S.S. Commander

Cobra! Because they take up so much room, I don't often buy vehicles for my figures. G.I. Joe always had some of the coolest vehicles, and the HISS is probably the most iconic of them. It has a very distinctive look to it, and although it looks impractical for any kind of real warfare, it fits right in with the G.I. Joe world with a good deal of style. This is one toy that's just as cool as you remember it. Aside from the cockpit, you can fit a figure in the gun turret, and have some more riding along on the back. This vehicle is definitely tops. The bee's knees, even.

The HISS isn't KITT, it can't drive itself. So a HISS Commander is included. I seem to remember the standard Cobra troopers driving these things in the cartoon, but I'm not going to complain about getting a new figure. The HISS Commander looks pretty good in the cockpit. Only problem is the huge holster on his leg makes it a little hard to stuff him in properly. He will go in, but I think he would have been better without the holster. He could have just left his handgun on his lap or something. Either way, this is otherwise a quality figure. This whole set is really cool, and worth picking up.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails