Thursday, February 9, 2012

#7: Star Wars The Clone Wars - Cad Bane's Escape


Way back when I saw they were making a figure of Cad Bane disguised as a clone trooper, I thought it was cool and wanted to get it. Then I didn't hear anything about it for a long time, and when it finally was released, it was in a battle pack with two figures I had no interest in. Not willing to pay in the neighborhood of twenty bucks for just the one figure, I passed. Then Target did a reset of the Star Wars section to coincide with the upcoming re-release of The Phantom Menace in 3D, so a lot of product in the older style of packaging got shuffled into the clearance section. So for half off, I figured it would be my best chance to get the Cad Bane figure and I decided to spring for it.

I already have an Ahsoka figure, which is her standard outfit, but this is her in space gear. Although I do dig the retro style bubble space helmet, the figure is one I could definitely do without. I don't already have an animated style Anakin, mainly because I feel it's too redundant for my collection. It's pretty amusing that Anakin's space gear is his normal outfit, with the addition of a helmet and rocket pack.

Although Cad Bane's head looks a bit undersized (I guess I'm used to seeing it with that big hat on) it's a cool figure. He comes with a holocron and a backpack to carry it in, as well as a blaster. There have been a few figures of characters disguised as Stormtroopers, but as far as I know, this is the only one of a character disguised as a clone trooper. Neat. Given that I'm just completely uninterested in two of the figures in the pack, it was still a bit pricy for just the one figure, but I'm glad I was finally able to get a figure I've been looking forward to for a long time.

1 comment:

  1. The retro style helmets would be the sale for me too on this set.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails