Sunday, December 27, 2015

#75: Star Wars The Black Series - Luke Skywalker and Wampa


It has been my intention when collecting the new six inch Star Wars figures to stick with what I consider the best representation of a character, so I don't end up with a bunch of multiples of a character in different outfits. I already have my favorite version of Luke. But then Hasbro decided to do a couple Hoth themed two packs, Han and a tauntaun, and Luke and a wampa. So I needed that wampa. Luke is in his Hoth patrol outfit, which he's wearing when he runs afoul of the wampa. He includes a DL-44 blaster and his lightsaber (which has a removable blade) that can hang from his belt. He's a cool figure, but I wouldn't have bought him by himself. The wampa is the star of this set, and it's really cool. It's appropriately massive, if they were doing Star Wars build a figures, it would have been a good fit for that. It looks angry and has splatterings of blood on its fur. The arm does not appear to be removable, alas.

A few days ago, I was lamenting that I hadn't bought the pilot or Bespin Luke figures so that I could borrow the lightsaber for Rey and Finn to use. Then after I opened this set, I realized that wasn't a problem anymore. Bonus!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails