Thursday, April 23, 2009

#46: Minimates Speed Racer and Mach 5

When last year's Speed Racer movie came out, I really enjoyed it. It was a lot of fun, and it didn't take itself too seriously. It's too bad that it bombed at the box office. Although there was a plethora of merchandise available, I ended up not getting any of it. I'm not sure if they made a Mach 5 that would fit 3 and 3/4 inch figures, but if they did, I missed out on it. So instead I decided to get this set, which was in stores a few years ago, before the movie. I had thought about getting it back then, but ended up never doing so until now.

Speed Racer is not my first Minimate, I have a couple others, but this is the first one I bought for myself. The little 2 inch toys have a distinctive stylized look and can be posed decently. The Mach 5 is also represented in a stylized form, which works well. It doesn't have any of the cool gadgets, but it doesn't really need them. It would have been cool if Speed had come with a helmet too. This is the first toy car I have bought in a long time that doesn't transform into a robot. I think I need to go listen to the Speed Racer theme now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails