Friday, July 31, 2009

#85: Star Wars SDCC exclusive Stormtrooper Commander

This is the first time I've bought a Comic-Con exclusive. I wasn't fortunate enough to be there, but luckily Hasbro is smart enough to offer its exclusives for sale online afterward. This is actually the second release of this figure. The first time around, it was available for those that pre-ordered The Force Unleashed from Gamestop. Theoretically, anyway. The details of the offer weren't released until very close to the time it was available, and many stores apparently didn't even know about it, so a lot of people didn't get this figure. I'm glad Hasbro brought it back for SDCC, so even though I had to overpay for it, I didn't have to overpay as much as I would have on Ebay.

The Stormtrooper commander is one of various types of Stormtroopers that are there for you to toss around with the Force in The Force Unleashed. They are a bit tougher than regular Stormies, and they have a cool deco. Like all other Stormtroopers that share this mold, it is a good figure. I like that the markings have a weathered appearance, unlike a lot of other clone troopers with colored markings on the armor. Even though there wasn't much in the way of variants on Stormtrooper armor in the movies, I'm a sucker for a toy of one, especially if it has at least some basis in the fiction.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails