Wednesday, November 25, 2009

#134: Qui-Gon Jinn and eopie

After a less than stellar track record from Hasbro for sending out their mail away figures, this set arrived in a basically timely manner. I've already got a Qui-Gonn, so if this set had been released in stores, I would have passed it by. But for less than the cost of a regular figure, and sold as a mail away exclusive? I'm interested. It helps that this is poncho Qui-Gon, while the other one I have is wearing Jedi robes. Of course, he comes with a lightsaber because Hasbro is contractually obligated to include a lightsaber with any Force using figure it makes. That explains why the recent Luke figure from the final scene of Empire Strikes Back includes one. Also, I don't have many creatures in my collection (a rancor and a kybuck), so a new one is a nice addition. It's a cool set, but if I had missed out on it, that wouldn't have been a big deal.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails