Tuesday, September 22, 2009

#101: Cinema of Fear Leatherface

The Texas Chainsaw Massacre is one of the earliest examples of a slasher film, and is generally considered a classic of the genre. It was only in the past few years that I got around to seeing it (I saw the remake as well), so it never really caught my imagination like your Friday the 13th or your Nightmare On Elm Street. Because of that Leatherace is the figure I was least excited for from this series. Fortunately, he turned out to be a pretty cool figure. It's been a while since I've seen the movie, and I think his hair was longer than this figure has, but that's my only real complaint about it. Leatherface comes with the requisite chainsaw, a hammer, and a display base. I think that what I like most is that everything is covered in blood, as befitting an iconic slasher. I've never had a toy that's so gory before, and it makes for an interesting contrast.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails