Monday, September 28, 2009

#103: Cinema of Fear Freddy

For whatever reason, I was able to watch Nightmare On Elm Street movies when I was a kid, so I've always been fond of Freddy. I also watched the TV series, as well as Monsters, and any other supernaturally themed show that I could. Unfortunately, this Freddy figure is the most disappointing of the series. My biggest problem with him is that the sleeves on his sweater are not painted to have stripes! As far as I can tell, this is standard to the figure, not just a problem with mine. Maybe Mezco thought it too costly to paint his arms with stripes, but I think that was not a good move. His left hand looks kind of weird from the wrong angles, as if the hand is too long and the fingers are too short. His right eye has a little less paint around it than the left eye, making it look smaller and his face off balance a little. I think this is probably the sort of thing that varies from figure to figure.

Aside from all that, I like the figure. It captures Freddy pretty well, with a devilish grin on his face. Also, his hat is removable, and he looks pretty good with it on or off. For some reason, his accessory is a trash can lid, which is really random. Admittedly, it has been a little while since the last time I watched one of the Nightmare On Elm Street movies, but I don't recall him killing anybody by using a trash can lid.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails