Friday, March 27, 2009

Disassociated ramblings

My Crystal Skeleton still has not arrived. Maybe tomorrow! That is what I am saying every day.

Recently my friend James picked up a comic style Deadpool for me, so I will be posting about that after I see him next. I found out that there will be another wave of comic style figures in the Wolverine movie line, and Iceman will be part of it. I wonder if he'll be transparent like the Iceman I had back in the 90s.

I thought about getting the Marvel Universe Hulk, but I am really not a fan of his head. It's a little too angular for my tastes, and is kind of reminiscent of Frankenstein's monster. The upcoming Red Hulk has a much better looking head. So for now, I'll stick with my Marvel Legends Hulk. According to his profile on the Marvel website, he is 7 to 8 feet tall. This makes him a bit too tall to properly be in scale with the Marvel Universe figures, but I think I will be okay pretending he's grown a little.

Versus

The toy based on the movie version of Cobra Commander was revealed this week. Like almost every other nerd on the internet, I am not a fan. Supposedly, they didn't go with the classic hooded look because it looked too similar to a KKK member's hood. I call bullshit. Cobra Commander's hood is not white and pointy, it's blue and rounded. He looks more like one of the ghosts from Pac-Man. Why couldn't they have gone with his other iconic look of a helmet with a reflective face plate? That is inoffensive by itself, and it would have been a cool look. Bah.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails