Monday, October 5, 2009

#107: G.I. Joe Mutt and Junkyard

I've said it many times before, but I love a G.I. Joe figure that comes with an animal companion. That fact explains a large part of the appeal for me of Mutt and Junkyard. Unlike some of the other Joes with animal companions, a dog trainer and a rottweiler are not at all ridiculous. When I was watching DVDs of the cartoon a few weeks ago, there was an episode in which Mutt and Junkyard played prominent roles, which contributed to convincing me to get the figure. Mutt has a sub-machine gun that fits in a holster, a nightstick, and a removable helmet with some sort of detachable mask. I'm not sure what's up with the mask, I don't remember him wearing it in the cartoon, but it was on the original figure as well. He also has a dashing 'stache. Although not as crazy as the others, Mutt and Junkyard are a nice addition to the ranks of Joes with animal sidekicks.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails