Thursday, October 15, 2009

#112: Star Wars Legacy Collection Obi-Wan Kenobi

A while back, Hasbro was planning to make an Evolutions set about Obi-Wan Kenobi. For whatever reason, that didn't pan out, but they already had the figures ready for production. So instead of releasing them as a set, the figures were released individually. First they released the hermit Ben Kenobi, and then they released Jedi knight Obi-Wan. Finally, they have released the padawan Obi-Wan as part of the Phantom Menace wave. Since I wasn't into the toys when Phantom Menace was released, there aren't many toys in my collection from that movie. So this if my first figure of Obi-Wan as a padawan. Fortunately for me, this is pretty much as good a figure as they can make based on that version of the character. He's well articulated (I wish he had ball hips) and has a robe, so there's not much else I could ask for. Until they release an updated spirit version of Obi-Wan, I can't see myself buying any more of him, now that I have a figure for each of his stages of life (padawan, knight, master, and crazy old wizard).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails