Tuesday, March 30, 2010

#27: LEGO Star Wars Stormtrooper

Here it is, the reason why I got the duplicate Snowtrooper battle pack. Toys R Us was running a promotion that if you spent a certain amount on LEGO Star Wars kits, you could get a free disco trooper. Okay, the pouch it is packaged in refers to it as a Stormtrooper, but I'm calling it a disco trooper due to its resemblance to a disco ball. It is your basic LEGO Stormtrooper, but vac metallized and with the standard markings applied on top of the shiny finish. It's ridiculous and completely non-canon, but it's totally cute and a guaranteed hit with nerds like me. Your plan worked, Toys R Us! These were also apparently being sold by themselves for a couple bucks, but I wasn't at the store myself, so I'm not sure if the store this one came from was also doing that. I would have just ordered one myself from the Toys R Us website, but by the time I heard about the promotion and was able to check it out, they were sold out. Thanks to James for picking this up for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails