Sunday, December 25, 2016

#106: Marvel Legends Series (12 inch) - Iron Man


I've been curious about these new 12 inch Marvel Legends figures, but not quite enough to drop fifty bucks. But for Black Friday I was able to get one for less than the cost of a standard Marvel Legends figure, and that was a deal I couldn't resist. I'll probably be too cheap to ever get a Hot Toys version of Iron Man, so this is a nicely way cheaper alternative. It's actually in a pretty close scale, as it's almost exactly the same height as my Hot Toys Captain America. So this is basically a sized up Marvel Legends figure, and it turned out really well. It looks really cool, and has a nice heft to it. There are a couple repulsor blasts that can plug into the hands, as well as alternate fists, and an unmasked Tony Stark head. This is a comic figure rather than a movie figure, so it's not a Robert Downey Jr likeness. My favorite part of the figure is the arc reactor. It's an actual three dimensional sculpt covered with a flat piece of clear plastic. It's very cool looking in person. I actually ended up liking this figure more than I expected, and may pick up the Spider-Man as well. Hopefully Hasbro continues making more figures in this sub-line.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails